sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] The pool is shrinking

From: Stefan Claas
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] The pool is shrinking
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 22:55:50 +0200

Andrew Gallagher wrote:

> > On 16 Aug 2019, at 20:31, Stefan Claas <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > You guys need a lot of brainstorming IMHO on how to improve the SKS
> > infrastructure to get back users.
>
> I dunno, I’ve been brainstorming pretty hard on this list recently... :-p
>
> > Maybe it would be a good idea to
> > get the hockeypuck author on board, because it is written in Golang
> > and I assume that there are more Golang programmers available to help
> > you guys out, compared to OCaml programmers.
>
> The issue is less about the programming (or the programming language) and
> more about the protocol. If we had agreement on a replacement protocol then
> anyone reasonably competent could program it. I know of three SKS *protocol*
> implementations in the wild. Any or all of these could be upgraded to the new
> protocol - IFF we had a) broad agreement on what the new protocol was *for*,
> and b) a robust specification.

I recently came across dkg's draft. (sorry I don't have a link currently handy)

Since he is a respected community member, at least in the GnuPG ML, maybe his
draft could be used as a reference, to come up with specs, discussed here,
which a programmer could make a software of. At least his draft could be used
as a guideline for discussions.

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
GPG: C93E252DFB3B4DB7EAEB846AD8D464B35E12AB77 (avail. on Hagrid, WKD)