access-activists

[Access-activists] Next Set of Tasks for GAI

From: T.V. Raman
Subject: [Access-activists] Next Set of Tasks for GAI
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:44:58 -0700

1+ on all RMS  says. The access community has a tradition of
sensationalizing / turning things into a political football --
something that was needed when accessibility didn't get the
attention it deserved.

We succeeded --- and impressively so --- but as a community we've
failed to recognize that success.
To build on what has been achieved with respect to gaining
awareness, we now need to operate slightly differently --- we
need to focus on the technologies we need, and build the right
bits --- hoping that someone else will build it just results in
all the problems that have been enumerated on this thread so far.