access-activists

Re: [Access-activists] Re: Next Set of Tasks for GAI

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Access-activists] Re: Next Set of Tasks for GAI
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:39:53 -0400

    So, how else can we put some pressure, in public or private, on
    proprietors of web sites that would be useful to our target population?

First step: a friendly private request.

Second step: a campaign asking people to send friendly private requests.

Third step: a public statement of disapproval.

In most cases it won't be worth proceeding beyond that.  There are
lots of sites we want to convince, and few are so important
_individually_ that we would want to go beyond that.

Note that accessibility is not the only reason for which we would
like to do this.  Use of patented or secret audio and video formats
is also a reason.  Use of nonfree Javascript is another reason.