access-activists

Re: [Access-activists] Re: Next Set of Tasks for GAI

From: Christian Hofstader
Subject: Re: [Access-activists] Re: Next Set of Tasks for GAI
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 09:06:29 -0400

So, how else can we put some pressure, in public or private, on proprietors of web sites that would be useful to our target population?

A public shaming is probably not the best idea and I argued against such a number of times when various departments at U. Florida wanted to do something similar.

Maybe we can offer them a volunteer to help remediate their web site along with a pointer to the many books and white papers on this topic. Doing nothing is akin to treating apartheid with silence but the "shame" principle pretty well sucks too.

Suggestions?

HH,
cdh