Re: [Adonthell-general] Dialog engine and Fame (Was: Re: New map engin

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Dialog engine and Fame (Was: Re: New map engine implementationstarted! :))
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 15:21:19 +0100 (CET)

On 08 Feb 2002 15:12:40 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote

> See my previous mail. Yes, 0.4 will probably support
> internationalisation! :) And I'd be glad to do the French translation.
> Let's hear what Kai thinks about it first. One mystery remains though:
> Will you and Ben play in English, or in German? ;)

I'm all for it. 'nough said! ;)

Depending on the quality of the translation, I might play in German. The
problem is, especially the dialogues I have written are not always that
good 'cause I don't know all the right words.

That means, if I would rewrite them in German they might sound better, or
be more fitting to the speaker (slang, dialect, archaisms - all the stuff
you don't learn in english classes. With LOTR as my only reference for
that kind of language, my English dialogues missed out on that a bit.

Kai