Re: [Adonthell-general] some error while building libltdl-dev is good at

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] some error while building libltdl-dev is good at my end. The system is a 64-bit system, maybe its not looking for 64-bit path systems.
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:14:34 +0100

2011/11/14 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

Hi Shirish,

that's a tough one. See below.

> checking for lt_dlinit in -lltdl... yes

Configure script is finding libltdl. Doesn't say where.

> Now 'make' is where the issue is happening :-

This is for linking the _gtk.so module:

> libtool: link: g++  -fPIC -DPIC -shared -nostdlib
[...]
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libltdl.so
[...]

Correctly points to libltdl.so

But then ...

> libtool: link: ar cru .libs/_gtk.a  _gtk_la-gfx_gtk.o
> _gtk_la-screen_gtk.o _gtk_la-surface_gtk.o
> libtool: link: ranlib .libs/_gtk.a
> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libltdl.la: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libltdl.la' is not a valid libtool archive

Why does it look for libltdl.la all of a sudden? And in the wrong place too?

I would assume that it is an issue related to libtool. Not sure why it
does not work correctly here. Could you run the following command in
/home/shirish/games/adonthell/adonthell-tools-build/src/backend?

    make clean && make LIBTOOLFLAGS=--debug &> libtool.log

Then send me the resulting libtool.log. Could be large (around 1,5M
over here), so best to zip it. If it's still larger than 100kb
afterwards, best to send it to me directly, not to the mailing list.

That should help to figure out where the "/usr/lib/libltdl.la" comes
from. Once we know that, we can probably fix it.

Kai