Re: [Adonthell-general] some error while building libltdl-dev is good at

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] some error while building libltdl-dev is good at my end. The system is a 64-bit system, maybe its not looking for 64-bit path systems.
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:07:23 +0530

In-line :-

2011/11/16 Kai Sterker <address@hidden>:

<snipped>

> Nope, that's unrelated. Must have been something you did on your side
> that fixed compilation.

cool, ok.

>> I am searching the wiki to run the tools. I do remember putting up
>> images and some text in a page for the same. something about each of
>> them but cannot find that page anymore :( Can see the graphic files
>> though.
>> http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/File:Modeller_0.4.0_a1-redwynne.png
>> for instance.
>
> Here are all your contributions.
>

> http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php?title=Special%3AContributions&tagfilter=&contribs=user&target=Shirish&namespace=&year=&month=-1
>
> I didn't notice any new pages when you uploaded the editor images. Did
> you forget to save your edits?

Probably, but now I've a new problem, cannot find the tools. I looked
at my notes from August and there should have been something like this
(or was like this at the time we talked back in August ) :-

/somepath/adonthell-tools-build/src/mapedit $  ./mapedit -g ../../../
-p wastesedge ../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml

/modeller $./modeller -g ../../../ -p wastesedge
../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml
/guestedit $./questedit -g ../../../ -p wastesedge
../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml
/dlgedit $./dlgedit -g ../../../ -p wastesedge
../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml

all the remaining tools are just different directories under src/ with
similar commands (not sure about charedit as I haven't seen that
one.....yet )

but now  if I look at

~/games/adonthell/adonthell-tools-build/src$ ls
audio  base  event  gfx  gui  input  main  Makefile  py-runtime
python  python.sh  py-wrappers  rpg  run.sh  world

and I checked in each of the sub-directories at the 'make stage' as
well as after doing 'make install' but each time the sub-directories
remain the same. Confused.

>> I can see the Tools page and all its subsidiary pages but could not
>> find a proper page of running each one from the CLI.
>> http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Category:Tools
>
> It's only there for dlgedit at the moment:
>

> http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tools:Dlgedit:Editing#Command_line_switches

Saw the page, the images seem missing, will fix that if I know where
the tools are.

> Each tool prints a list of supported options when invoked with -h
> (although I have to confess they are a copy from dlgedit and thus not
> completely true. I'll fix that ...
>
> There are no concrete examples, however. These could go below as
> suggested, or into a more specific Compiling Tools page.

What I'll do as a stop-gap measure is to just add a section called
'Running Adonthell-tools' and give the instance there, maybe couple of
days later or something think of a way where how a running page should
be. Perhaps preferably there should be a single page for 'compiling'
and a single page for running the stuff from CLI. At least that's my
take.

> No, but they don't have to be compiled (or installed for that matter).
> Just point to wastesedge using the -g and -p parameters. I.e.
> adonthell-mapedit -g /path/to/ -p wastesedge. (The key difference
> between invoking the adonthell engine and the editors is that for the
> engine, "wastesedge" is the game to open, whereas for the editors it
> is the project directory and the file to open is somewhere inside
> there.
>
>> Maybe at some point we can put up a running page separately, what do
>> people think of it ?
>
> Yes. I'd like to see a general getting, compiling and running tools
> page somewhere linked from here:
>
>  http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tools:Contents

oh ok, then will do that.

> And then for each tool there would be a set of pages like we have for dlgedit:
>
> * Purpose and some background info
> * Tutorial
> * Reference
>
> My hope is of course, that somebody other than I writes that stuff (or
> at least starts it), as I know how things work and thus will fail to
> explain everything in enough detail.

ok.

--
          Regards,