Re: [Adonthell-general] some error while building libltdl-dev is good at

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] some error while building libltdl-dev is good at my end. The system is a 64-bit system, maybe its not looking for 64-bit path systems.
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:12:14 +0100

2011/11/14 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

> Lemme know if it helped or not.

First time the wrong libltdl appears in the log is here:

+ . /usr/local/lib/libadonthell_py_runtime.la
++ dlname=libadonthell_py_runtime.so.0
++ library_names='libadonthell_py_runtime.so.0.0.0
libadonthell_py_runtime.so.0 libadonthell_py_runtime.so'
++ old_library=libadonthell_py_runtime.a
++ inherited_linker_flags=
++ dependency_libs=' -L/usr/lib/python2.7/config -lpython2.7 -lpthread
-lutil -lz /usr/lib/libltdl.la -ldl'
++ weak_library_names=
++ current=0
++ age=0
++ revision=0
++ installed=yes
++ shouldnotlink=no
++ dlopen=
++ dlpreopen=
++ libdir=/usr/local/lib

Seems like it picked up some old dependencies from a previous
installation of Adonthell?

It's still a bit of a puzzle how /usr/lib/libltdl.la ended in there as
dependency, when all the rest (except for python) is given as
-l<libname>. I don't know enough about libtool to even guess at the
reason.

Anyway, try cleaning up any traces left from old installations. I
imagine those can confuse the build system.

If somebody has any input how to avoid such problems in the future, or
what to change in Adonthell's build system, please let me know.

Kai