Re: [Audio-video] http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2013/Samuel_Thibau

From: beuc
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2013/Samuel_Thibault_Jean-Philippe_Mengual-Freedom_0_for_everybody_really_.text
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:59:55 +0200

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 12:23:33AM -0500, Quiliro Ordóñez Baca wrote:
> El 17/07/14 18:26, Garreau, Alexandre escribió:
> > This speech tries to link the two problems: the freedom of “free
> > software” as defined by FSF (i.e. a social, political, and ethical
> > problem) and the freedom of disability (i.e. a technichal, biological,
> > human problem), trying to make a relationship between both problems in
> > the interest of “freedom” in its widest meaning. Therefore this “freedom
> > #0” isn’t a misunderstanding or a potentially nocive redefinition of
> > free software, but a *transposition* of one of its principles.
>
> Perhaps you are confusing freedom with capacity or functionality. It is
> true that freedom without capacity goes nowhere. But no one can ask for
> the right to be capable. Anyone can ask for the right to be free to get
> the capacity or to create the functionality.

Following that talk, I mentioned to a lady from freedom0 that I
perceived badly their shifting the responsibility for accessibility on
the maintainers (we already do a _lot_ for Free Software).

She replied they tried various unsuccessful approaches, that this more
provocative one was yielding more result.

(As far as I'm concerned I rather motivates me to stop my accessibility
efforts so as to shift from "it's your responsibility" to "thank you".
So I'm not sure how their measure the effectiveness of their new approach :/)

Don't feed the troll?

--
Sylvain