Re: [Audio-video] [Liberté 0] Re: http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2

From: Armony ALTINIER
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] [Liberté 0] Re: http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2013/Samuel_Thibault_Jean-Philippe_Mengual-Freedom_0_for_everybody_really_.text
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 10:24:42 +0200

Le 19/07/2014 05:35, Quiliro Ordóñez Baca a écrit :
El 18/07/14 14:03, Armony ALTINIER escribió:
Freedom is the necessary basis for "Liberté", accessibility is the essential part to achieve "Égalité" and "Fraternité".
This resumes all that we have spoken about: freedom is not equality...it
is the right to pursue equality. The three anarchistic principles:
freedom, equality and fraternity, make a good society. But free software
alone provides only the first of the three.
Glad to read this point. Free Software alone cannot provide Equality and Fraternity without taking into account accessibility.

But accessibility is also a question of Freedom. Not in the meaning of fight against oppression (which is the primary goal of the FSF as far as I understand), but in the meaning of making people autonomous in their actions and choices.

Anyway, I also explain my views and will not argue about the Freedom definition. But as Voltaire would have said, you are free to not share my views, but I will fight for you to be able to express it anyway ;) (pardon my terrible English, hope you will understand what I mean).

Cheers,
Armony
--

Armony ALTINIER