Re: [Audio-video] [Liberté 0] Re: http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] [Liberté 0] Re: http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2013/Samuel_Thibault_Jean-Philippe_Mengual-Freedom_0_for_everybody_really_.text
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 21:28:25 +0200

On 2014-07-19 at 05:35, Quiliro Ordóñez Baca wrote:
> El 18/07/14 14:03, Armony ALTINIER escribió:
>> Freedom is the necessary basis for "Liberté", accessibility is the essential
>> part to achieve "Égalité" and "Fraternité".
>
> This resumes all that we have spoken about: freedom is not equality...it
> is the right to pursue equality. The three anarchistic principles:
> freedom, equality and fraternity, make a good society. But free software
> alone provides only the first of the three.

You can’t provide one of these without the others, the three are
linked. Just as already said Richard, free software provides the
three. Equality because of equality of *all* users (even the
maintainers) in front of software, and fraternity because of
collaborative development and community, help, etc. The three are
linked. It’s a Trinity.

Oh, and the anarchistic principles are freedom (I heard “liberty”),
equality and *solidarity*. “Fraternity” comes from Freemasons, and is a
more nationalism/communitarianism-friendly than “solidarity”.

Each of the three types of freedom (technical (ability), social (right)
and psychological (will)) are linked to these three principles, not only
social one (right) because freedom, any type of freedom, even technical
freedom, is linked with equality and solidarity, because it is built
within the context of a human society.