autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Hi

From: Francesco Salvestrini
Subject: Re: Hi
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 01:09:10 +0200

Peter,

On Tuesday 22 September 2009, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
>  > Since I've (implicitly) postponed the test-suite (I agree with your
>  > reply in the tracker), is there a task which needs an helping hand ?
>
> well, the most important thing to do right now is to get a new release
> out. A release tarball ought to be generated by running
>
>   make generate
>   make distcheck
>
> in a checked-out and configured repository. The process works on my
> machine, but if you could try whether it works for you, too, that would
> be very much appreciated.

The generate and distcheck targets seem to work fine with the latest master
(dd1d2ea275497e47d1cf4b2d1295cb789c360a7e) in a fresh clone. I noticed some
strange behavior (into an unclean clone) but It's too late now. I'll give
some feedback later on.

Some late-night-thoughts:

* As for COPYING: adding build-aux files to the repository could remove the
gnulib dependency (by simply adding a gnulib-tool check on bootstrap). I'll
build the required patches if you agree.

* I've a git->AUTHORS generator script that could come handy for the AUTHORS
file ... I'll give some lifting to it if you like the idea (do we have
particular requirements?).

> Also I wonder whether there are any Texinfo gurus out there? When I run
> makeinfo --html, the tool generates a page per macro, but those pages
> are called
>
>   ax_005fstruct_005fsemun.html
>
> instead of
>
>   ax_fstruct_fsemun.html
>
> ..., like we would need them to be called. Adding @setfilename to each
> macro's texi file doesn't help. Apparently that's a feature? Is there a
> way to influence makeinfo's choice of filenames?

I'll give a look ASAP (ax_fstruct_fsemun ? ax_struct_semun ! ... that 005f
seems a badly quoted underscore too me ... buh ... too late now, bed is
calling and I feel confused ;-) ).

Have a good night,
Francesco

--
  Parting is such sweet sorrow. -William Shakespeare