autoconf-archive-maintainers

git-authors-gen [was: Hi]

From: Francesco Salvestrini
Subject: git-authors-gen [was: Hi]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:53:52 +0200

Hi Peter,

>  > * I've a git->AUTHORS generator script that could come handy for the
>  > AUTHORS file ... I'll give some lifting to it if you like the idea (do
>  > we have particular requirements?).
>
> Yes, that would be great! The AUTHORS files should contain the names of all
> people who have committed to the Git repository or who are listed in a
> macro's copyright line. It's not particularly hard to extract that
> information, but it still has to be done. As of now, the AUTHORS just says
> "TODO". :-)

Here we have the first implementation. I've removed some dust from an hacked
down gitlog-to-changelog script.

The script uses both git shortlog and .mailmap to extract names, hence the
different patches.

Since it is based over an old version of gitlog-to-changelog there should be
some license related fixups. All advices and suggestions are welcome.

Go/NoGo as usual for pushing the changes.

Good night,
Francesco

--
Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is
not worth sending.