autoconf-maintainers

Re: Bootstrapping from cvs

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping from cvs
Date: 16 Sep 2002 13:59:58 -0600

Pavel> I try building everything from CVS.  Then regardless of the
Pavel> result I run "cvsu".  If I see modified entries marked by "M",
Pavel> I run "cvsdiscard", which removes modified files and refetches
Pavel> them from CVS.

I do this sometimes too.  It doesn't work in this case.  Try it.  The
problem is that the failing command doesn't touch any file.  So
cvsdiscard does nothing.

BTW, for those who don't know, the cvsutils are really nice.  So are
Alexandre Oliva's -- I use tools from both daily.

Tom