Re: cache directory is not removed

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: cache directory is not removed
Date: 07 Jun 2002 17:07:16 +0200

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Wendling <address@hidden> writes:

Bill> So, to summarize the complaints, we had a cache file
Bill> (config.cache) which was useful to a small number of people but
Bill> deemed "harmful" to the majority because of various compelling
Bill> arguments given on this list.

The mass in question is composed of end-users, who are our primary
target.  Everything is done to help them.  If not, then there would
simply be no configure, just a Makefile with variables to fill.