Re: cache directory is not removed

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: cache directory is not removed
Date: 07 Jun 2002 07:58:24 +0200

>> So, although I find it stupid, I'm ok to provide some
>> --remove-cache.  But I'm definitely against making this the
>> default.  I'm ok to rename it as .autom4te.cache too, if you find
>> it so ugly.

Sam> please do so!

Actually, I remove my proposal.   --remove-cache makes no sense.  I'll
rename that file if you are really more annoyed with a autom4te.cache
file, than with mkinstalldirs, install-sh, COPYING, README, missing,
not to mention again the object files.

>> They don't have understood the point.  And then, why keep the .o
>> too?  And the .deps?

Sam> excellent point.  the CLISP build process usually happens in a
Sam> separate directory, i.e., no directory under the CVS gets
Sam> infected with any non-CVS files (like *.o).  similarly, I do not
Sam> want it to be infected with the autoconf cache.

So if I understand correctly, configure is in the build tree right?