Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-chat] Kdevelop for avr-gcc?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-chat] Kdevelop for avr-gcc?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:31:43 +0100 (MET)

Matthew MacClary <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have a template Makefile that I always use, modifying it for a new
> project is basically a one line change.  This Makefile was included
> in an example directory under one of the WinAVR releases actually.

You might want to have a look at Mfile then:

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/mfile/

I eventually found myself creating new jobs the same way you describe
here.  The idea of automating this has mainly been born out of the
desire of particularly the WinAVR user community to have a simple
helper program supporting them in creating project Makefiles, without
the need of learning everything about `make' in the first step, too.

After doing Mfile for WinAVR, I discovered that it might basically
improve my own job of templating a new project as well, so I now
regularly release it as a `Unix' version which is the same as the
WinAVR one except it uses a generic Makefile template which is
supposed to be independent of the make flavour used (BSD make, GNU
make, SysV make).  (Btw., IMHO it looks better if you use tixwish
instead of plain wish, but that's a matter of taste.  The GUI works
with both of them.)