Re: [avr-chat] Kdevelop for avr-gcc?

From: Kishore
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Kdevelop for avr-gcc?
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:49:15 +0530

On Monday 07 Mar 2005 2:50 pm IST, Trevor White wrote:
> Hi, I use Kdevelop3 for development. Under the project menu options you
> can import a project. This allows you to import a makefile. I did this
> with a makefile I edited from WINAVR. Once I imported it, all the
> options were sorted out and I was able to compile and program from
> within Kdevelop. It works really really well.

So this means that my best options would be to use something like Mfile to
generate the makefile inside the folder containing my source and then
import the project into kdevelop.

Well this seems like a good option but also the question "Why use
Kdevelop?". Can Kdevelop or any other IDE for that matter give any value
add? All i need to do is run make in the directory right?

Can Kdevelop give any debugging, simulation support? Also another good
value add can be an peripheral initializer. A mechanism to generate code
based on user input to initialize peripherals!?
--
Cheers!
Kitts