Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:45:59 -0600

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 11:37:33AM -0500, Graham Davies wrote:
> Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> >Vince, just opened his mail box... received 3 brand new Mega32 ...
>
> If you're using the ATmega32, which is supported by the original JTAG
> ICE (Mk I), you should consider the AVR ICE-Cube.  It has no ribbon
> cable at all and so doesn't suffer from any of the problems that have
> been recently discussed.

Well, except that when I ordered my ICE-Cube I knew the $3 optional
extension was much cheaper to buy and not need than to need and not
have. In the end I used the extension ribbon cable exclusively about
1/2" away from 240 VAC.

And in some strange twist of fate, the ribbon that came as an optional
accessory for my ICE-Cube worked better on my Dragon than the cables I
was making myself.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden