Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 23:38:25 +0100

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:17:19 +1100
Russell Shaw <address@hidden> wrote:
> If you know the motherboard number, look it up on the manufacturers web site.

I spent 3 weeks examining the specs of any and all boards available, so
yes I do know the reference of the mother-board I bought ;-) Have the
user manual too of course.

> They often have a 10-pin header on the motherboard for connecting an rs-232
> connector and parallel port.

I do have an internal header for a second serial port, that was one
of the reasons I bought this particular board. But I had of course to
add a bracket to gete a proper connector, and it so happens that the
computer case I bought has a crap "tool-free" system to secure
bracket/add-on cards, which means that as soon as I exerce any kind of
force on the DB9 socket to try to plug a serial cable.. the bracket
gets free and disappears in the computer case... so in practive I can't
use my spare serial port. Yes yes yes, had I known about ths issue, I
would have bought a different case, but now it's there and I am not
going to spend another 100 Euros to so I can accomodate a serial
device, when USB ones, which are more convenient to start with (since
I have a front USB connector), are available.

--
Vince