Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 03:30:51 +0100

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:16:40 -0600
David Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:
> You can't be a Real Embedded Engineer until you have carved a D
> connector opening in a chassis by hand. Use file, drill, Dremel
> mototool, even X-Acto knife (works fairly well on aluminum), or any
> combination thereof.
>
> :-)

Yeah yeah yeah... I will get round to fixing it... one day... probably
when I will be considering an ICE-cube, I will suddenly start getting
my act together. But for now, I don't have a use for it so... not much
motivation !
The thing is that it would require me to shut down my computer (for
safety reasons ;-), and I never turn it off, because I can't live just
5 minutes without my Penguin friend running, and mainly because when I
power it back up, it takes me 10 minutes to re-open all the
applications and their documents, in all the workspaces.. and that's a
pain. Yes, I tried the "hibernation" thing... but it's not "just work"
enough to be considered useful/beneficial. So unless I am urged to do it
following say a security kernel update that does require rebooting,
well I really find it hard to get myself to shut down or reboot my
machine ! Strange I am ? so be it ! ;-)

--
Vince