Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:32:11 -0600

On Feb 15, 2013, at 7:14 AM, Bob Paddock <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also have never fixed the bugs listed in the errata for the 128A1,
> instead they came out with a a different part the 128A1U, which in a
> regulatory environment creates a expensive paperwork nightmare if you
> want to switch (parts have to be as marked if audited, this is the
> Government logic need not apply).  So start with the Xmega128A1U in
> any new design that you were considering using the 128A1, even if you
> don't need USB.

That sounds like a good thing to me, not bad.

We used to say, "If its documented its not a bug, its a feature." Who is to say
the "fix" won't break something that intentionally or accidentally uses the
"bug"?

Once Upon A Time my brother was very upset at a vendor who did a die shrink
without changing the P/N or notifying large volume customers. The new parts did
not work in his high noise environment.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden