Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 07:43:02 -0800

On 02/14/2013 09:29 PM, Rick Mann wrote:
Eric, it looks like they use a separate FTDI chip for USB comms. Do you think
the XMEGA could handle the motion control AND USB at the same time? I suspect
it can, especially since I think the USB interrupt can be given a lower
priority, but I'm just asking anyway.

Yeah, it should work fine even if you use the CPU at nearly full-blast. The USB hardware responds with NAKs until your code feeds it a response, so it very tolerant in that regard.