Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:14:39 -0500

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Rick Mann <address@hidden> wrote:
> It seems the XMEGA parts might fit the bill. I've used lots of different MEGA
> parts

One difference I find extremely annoying with the XMega vs the Mega is
that with the timers you can only do Capture *or* Compare, not Capture
*and* Compare on a channel.  Also can not route arbitrary pins to
arbitrary capture sections with the event system, have to do it with
some strange rotation.

Also have never fixed the bugs listed in the errata for the 128A1,
instead they came out with a a different part the 128A1U, which in a
regulatory environment creates a expensive paperwork nightmare if you
want to switch (parts have to be as marked if audited, this is the
Government logic need not apply).  So start with the Xmega128A1U in
any new design that you were considering using the 128A1, even if you
don't need USB.