Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: avr-libc license issues

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: avr-libc license issues
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:10:54 +0200 (MET DST)

Marek Michalkiewicz <address@hidden> wrote:

> What is the correct (FSF-approved) way of saying that something is
> public domain (completely free to do anything, not even BSD license
> - I don't want _any_ license conflicts in the future)?  I can change
> all my notices, but would prefer not to have to do it once again...

Hmm, i could offer you Poul-Henning Kamp's "beer-ware license".  No, i
don't drink that much beer myself :), but haven't been offered one in
return by now anyway. ;-)  Poul-Henning once came up with it after
thinking a bit about what he thought is the minimal requirement for a
licence that implies no more restrictions than necessary.

/*
 * "THE BEER-WARE LICENSE" (Revision 42):
 * <address@hidden> wrote this file.  As long as you retain this notice you
 * can do whatever you want with this stuff. If we meet some day, and you think
 * this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return.   Poul-Henning Kamp
 *
 * $Id$
 *
 */