[avr-gcc-list] Re: avr-libc license issues

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: avr-libc license issues
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:27:32 -0600 (MDT)

Hi All,

I agree with Marek that the pure-GPL is not ideal in our situation. The
Modified-BSD license (no advert) should be suitable, but will need to
check to make sure. I think the FSF prefers the BSD since it makes things
explicit while just saying public domain doesn't (???). I wish I knew more
about all this, I'm just this hacker guy, you know?

I also agree with Marek that we should not have to ever change the license
again once it is done.

I'm going to have to shelf this for a few weeks since I'm moving across
country. I didn't expect these problems when I tried to get the project on
savannah so I thought I'd have time to get things set up before I had to move.
If anyone is anxious to get this finished up, they are welcome to it.
Otherwise, I will handle it once I'm am settled in the new place.

Ted Roth