RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:02:16 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, Marc Wetzel wrote:

:)Addendum:
:)
:)Now Gdb-5.3-mingw builds also. Somewhat the "target remote"
:)functionality got broken :(
:)So, right now it's quite useless.
:)
:)Currently I'm using the cygwin-build and configured me the grafical IDE:
:)Dev-C++.
:)- What should I say -
:)It works. - Not perfect. - But works.
:)I can run programs, set breakpoints, inspect records.
:)What I'm missing is, if I set breakpoints in several files and the code
:)comes to such a breakpoint,
:)the source-window does not jump to the right sorcecode.
:)
:)Now, I'll try insight+gdb.

Which version of avarice are you using? I seem to recall having to change
the size of the PC register in gdb to handle addresses > 64K. I don't
remember if that made it into avarice-1.5.

Can you send me a dump of the gdb session with the "set debug remote 1"
remote command given?

Ted Roth