RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port

From: Marc Wetzel
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:49:47 +0100

Hi Ted,

> :)What I'm missing is, if I set breakpoints in several files
> and the code :)comes to such a breakpoint, :)the
> source-window does not jump to the right sorcecode.
> :)
> :)Now, I'll try insight+gdb.
>
> Which version of avarice are you using? I seem to recall

I used both, the "intel ->2.5" and your "2.0" version.
I don't think that the problem lies in avarice, but in Dev-C++.
It seems that Dev-C++ has problems parsing the pathes gdb throws out,
like '/cygdrive/c/projects/" ...

I got insight+gdb to work in cygwin. This _IS_  the tool of my choice.
As you said a while ago:
It's nice to have your structures displayed grafically :)

> having to change
> the size of the PC register in gdb to handle addresses > 64K. I don't
> remember if that made it into avarice-1.5.

My question is: Is it possible to speed the jtag communication up a
little bit?
        I haven't looked at the source right now, but I have a feeling
it's using baudrates of the ol'days.
        Or is this max'd out? Are there any things that could be
optimized at your knowledge?

Greetings
/Marc