Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:08:19 -0500

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 09:44:38AM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

> As to supporting the AVR ISP programmer: avrdude can talk to an
> STK500. IIRC the AVR ISP programmer uses the same protocol as the
> STK500 so, in theory, yes. I don't know if this has been tested yet.

I don't think the STK500 and AVR ISP protocols are the same, but I
could be wrong.  I seem to remember glancing at the AVR910 protocol
(I'm assuming the AVR ISP uses the AVR910 protocol) and it was
different than that for the STK500 protocol.  However, it should not
be hard to add it, as all the hooks are there.  At the moment, I don't
have an AVR ISP programmer to test with, otherwise I would add the
support.  If someone wanted to contribute support for it, a good place
to start would be to look at the STK500 support in avrdude and change
the appropriate commands.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean, address@hidden
BDMICRO - Maker of the M128 ATmega128 Dev Board