RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr superoptimizer

From: John Regehr
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr superoptimizer
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:37:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Weddington, Eric wrote:
Unfortunately diablo looks a bit stale. Their latest release was over 3 years ago (Feb. 2006), and their required patches are for binutils 2.13 and gcc 3.3.2. :-P

Is this project even a going concern anymore?

I don't think so. And anyway I think doing LTO in the compiler is a better idea-- more information is available. But the Diablo papers are useful and informative and give some ideas about what degree of improvement is obtainable using this sort of approach.

John