Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr superoptimizer

From: Josef Eisl
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr superoptimizer
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:59:47 +0200

John Regehr wrote:
>> That's why I'm (desperately) hoping that the LTO project in GCC will
>> eventually help in this area.
>> <http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/LinkTimeOptimization>
>
> Alternatively, an LLVM backend for AVR would give this capability
> (approximately) for free.

I've started implementing an LLVM back-end for the AVR. Although it is
in a very early stage and not producing anything useful. As I am
involved in some other projects I make only small progress but I will
dedicate my time to this topic in summer.

As soon as the code is doing *something* I will post a link to this list.
If somebody is interested feel free to contact me.

BR
Josef