bibledit-general

Re: [be] Nightly builds

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Nightly builds
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 17:26:53 +0200

Hi Brian,

The development page you refer to at development page is an old and outdated one. Till you mentioned it recently, I had forgotten all about it and didn't know it still exists on the web. The current one is here: https://sites.google.com/site/bibledit/community/development. This one mentions the "cd gtk".

I am glad to hear that the work-around of moving the entire .bibledit folder from the old to the new machine works well, and gives you access to all of your data on the new machine.

Still, it is a work-around, and I am left wondering why the backup/restore procedure does not work properly on the Mac, as it does on Linux. If anybody would grant me access, through TeamViewer, to a Mac running OS X 10.x, then I could fiddle around to see what's the problem, and then fix it. I would also be able (hopefully) to look a bit more into the reason why installing bibledit through MacPorts does not work as it should.

The instructions for at https://sites.google.com/site/bibledit/gtk/installation/macintosh/bibledit-gtk-4-7-on-mac-osx probably also work for OS X 10.8. But it could be that they renamed the X11 terminal to Terminal Version 2.3. When Bibledit-Gtk at least gives the graphical window, then it means that you're using the right terminal. If the wrong terminal were used, no graphical window would show up at all.

The X11 terminal is started like this:
Click the "Applications" icon at the bottom. Scroll down a bit and click "Utilities". Scroll down to the bottom, and click X11.

How do you start the "Terminal Version 2.3" on OS X 10.8? I could use this information to update the installation instructions at https://sites.google.com/site/bibledit/gtk/installation/macintosh/bibledit-gtk-4-7-on-mac-osx.

Teus