bibledit-general

Re: [be] Nightly builds

From: Brian Wilson
Subject: Re: [be] Nightly builds
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:44:15 +0700

Hi Teus,

Either there have been significant changes, or I was following instructions on a different page...

Anyway, I noticed that the instructions you give are for 10.7 (Lion) and I am using 10.8(.2) (Mountain Lion). That may be some of the issue. Another issue to my bugs may be something that I just noticed.

Run
To run Bibledit, do the following every time you use it:
Open an X11 terminal. Be sure this is not a normal Terminal, but the X11 terminal.
Start bibledit: Type
bibledit-gtk
If you do not start Bibledit this way, it will run with errors, and it will not be fully functional.

New day, new stupid question... "What is an X11 terminal?" I have "Terminal Version 2.3 (309) Copyright © 1991-2012 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved". I am now assuming that this isn't an X11 terminal. Are these instructions current, and if so, how do I get an X11 terminal?

Brian

Brian Wilson, Director

Mekong Information Technology Co., Ltd.
Dong Dok, Saythany, Vientiane Municipality
Lao PDR

Tel/Fax: (+85621) 725010
Mobile: (+85620) 9646-7085

And so the visitor turned sadly away, thinking for what miserable messes of pottage men and women are willing to sell their glorious birthright as children of God. -- Ellen White.