bibledit-general

[be] Nightly builds

From: Brian Wilson
Subject: [be] Nightly builds
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:25:29 +0700

This morning I installed git-core via macports and cloned the bibledit git repository as per instructions on this page.

There are several issues and questions.

1. When I install from source (either the stable package or now the nightly build in the git directory) I have to manually add the path in the .profile file and then open a new terminal. Is this normal or is this a bug? I would have thought that installing would also install the commands to one of the /bin folders. Can we either have an explanation in the installation instructions or a way for the path to be set automatically during installation?

2. How do I tell what version/build number I am running? I tried man bibledit-gtk but there are no man pages. (For reference in troubleshooting and bug reports.)

3. Opening the current build (I cloned at April 16, 2013 8:30AM GMT+7) I get the correct title for my bible but a blank window (but the book, chapter and verse selections at the top are from where I last visited before reinstalling.

4. When reinstalling, is it necessary to make uninstall first (I did) or do I install the next nightly build on top of this one in the git folder?

Sorry for so many questions. I would also like to help in troubleshooting as needed.

Thank you,

Brian