bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Marks

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Marks
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:54:27 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Jensen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> You use Gnus, so you can try its marking commands. I think most of
>> them operate like this. For example, to reply to several messages,
>> mark them in the order you want them to appear in the reply.
>
> Heh, I have now finally figured out how to do this in Gnus.
> Do you mean, for example, `# # M-& R' (i.e., process-mark two
> articles, force `process/prefix convention', and then reply)?
> That sort of works, but it creates two reply buffers ---
> one buffer contains one quoted message; the other, both.

You don't need to use `M-&' for that since `R' or `F' use marked lines
of their own accord. Only one message buffer should be created. The
two buffers; that might be a bug, or maybe only a result of using
`M-&' where it's not needed, I don't know.

Now that you mention it, perhaps Bongo should have a `M-&' command as
well. For example, `% m something RET M-& r' seems reasonable. We
could steal the implementation from Gnus.

>        <http://www.brockman.se/software/bongo-marks/>

Thanks, I'll check it out.

> I have attempted to make sure undo works correctly with
> marking and unmarking commands, which is not trivial due to
> the need to keep `bongo-marked-track-line-markers' updated.
> There are likely still some bugs related to this.

Interesting. Undo for marks never crossed my mind. Frankly, it strikes
me as a bit overkill. Maybe I'd use it for undoing `U', but that's all
I can think of. Or maybe I need a little persuasion?