bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Marks

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Marks
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 12:25:32 +0100

I assume you replied to me by mistake, Daniel, so I'm sending this to
bongo-devel now.

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> Now that you mention it, perhaps Bongo should have a `M-&' command as
>> well. For example, `% m something RET M-& r' seems reasonable. We
>> could steal the implementation from Gnus.
>
> I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but maybe `r' should
> follow the same "process/prefix convention" as `k', `c', et al.?

I guess it could, but then I also think I'd want to use `r' on a
single line even when there are marked tracks around.

The nice thing about `M-&' is that users can use it for things that we
never thought of. Every Bongo command will have support for marks, in
a way.

>> Interesting. Undo for marks never crossed my mind. Frankly, it strikes
>> me as a bit overkill. Maybe I'd use it for undoing `U', but that's all
>> I can think of. Or maybe I need a little persuasion?
>
> The main reason I consider it important is that undoing a
> killing of all marked tracks should be possible and DTRT.

The tracks will be remarked when you undo a kill? That's sensible.

> By the way, would you be opposed to moving `U' somewhere
> else and putting `bongo-unmark-backward' on `U' instead?
> For example, Ibuffer has the "unmark all" command on `* *'.

I kind of like `U'. It gets my vote.