bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] VLC problems on w32

From: Dieter Deyke
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] VLC problems on w32
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:02:26 -0700

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> To me, this seems like a bug in Emacs, because I don't think
> it should be possible to trick it into giving an invalid
> argument to some file operation.
>
> This is what the relevant code looks like:
>
>    rv = emacs_write (outfd, (char *) buf, this);
>    [...]
>    if (rv < 0)
>    [...]
>      report_file_error ("writing to process", Fcons (proc, Qnil));
>
> So apparently one of `outfd', `buf' and `this' is invalid in
> that call to `emacs_write'.
>
> You get that error every time you try to pause, right?

Well, after all these changes things have changed a little:

-  the DOS windows is now gone thanks to the new argument to vlc

-  the space bar now does nothing, no error, no action

-  the || pause button is still missing from the mode line

- vlc still hangs after a song is played, and does not advance to the next

--
Dieter Deyke
mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden