bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Marks

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Marks
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:19:49 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Does _that_ have any use cases?
>>
>> I don't know, really. Maybe the step from saving one set
>> of marks to saving a stack of sets is not that great.
>
> I suppose so.  Then `U' would push and `C-u U' pop?

I don't think it is a good idea to mix unmarking with a stack growing
behind the scenes, that's messy. Better to let the user manage this
stack separately. How about `* k', `* y' and `* w', kind of like in
Gnus? That is, if we want the stack after all.

> Dired doesn't define `* i' at all, so I guess `* t' was
> their first choice.  On the other hand, Gnus has this,
>
>    `M P i'
>         Invert the list of process marked articles
>         (`gnus-uu-invert-processable').
>
> and I think `invert' is a better term than `toggle'.

Invert it is, then. If we go with the stack commands, it is also
consistent with that in the Gnus-wannabe way.