bsf-devel

Re: address@hidden: Evaluating bsf as a GNU project]

From: Alvaro Herrera
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Evaluating bsf as a GNU project]
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:31:35 -0400

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 03:56:00PM -0400, Cristian Gutierrez wrote:
> Hello boys!
>
> Check this out... :)

This is really nice.  I'd love to be the author of a GNU package... hey,
we'd be better than Gonzalo Navarro, who wanted to make his nr-grep the
next version of GNU grep (I dunno if he succeeded) :-D

_However_ I think we have to improve the software _A_LOT_ before it's
"ready to be a GNU package".  I can put some effort after my final
report for cc69f is done, maybe in two weeks.  I'd be really ashamed to
put a lousy package on GNU.

Major Fambrough: You wish to see the frontier?
John Dunbar: Yes sir, before it's gone.