bsf-devel

Re: address@hidden: Evaluating bsf as a GNU project]

From: Cristian Gutierrez
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Evaluating bsf as a GNU project]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:40:40 -0400

Error log for Alvaro Herrera; dumped on Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 04:13:44PM -0400:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 03:37:50PM -0400, Mañungo wrote:
>
> > Quizas habria que hacer un TODO o WISHLIST y discutir los puntos mas
> > importantes (de manera mas ordenada que tirar ideas al azar (o
> > recopilar las ideas al azar :-).
>
> Sure.  Want to volunteer?  Should be an easy enough task.

The Savannah project (http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/savannah/, login
first!) page has no "todo" or "wishlist". These are the sections:

Main  | Homepage  | Files  | FAQ  | Support  | Mailing Lists  | CVS  |
Bugs  | Tasks  | Patches  | News

So... read the idea below.

> First in the list is to define whether we want to start with the
> original Lemus/Gutierrez version, the Mañungo version, or the Aldrin
> version...

I'll rather start reading and testing all of them. I think I'll should
get 'da feeling' of each one of them before even think of focusing on
just one of them.

And regarding the todolist/whishlist file, we should have one in the CVS
tree of the project, and kep one directory for each version. I believe
that Aldrin's one is the only one available there now, but I'm not sure
(ping Aldrin :-).

> Second would be to know how is the Savannah CVS used.

I was already looking into this. Here is the complete FAQ, for you to
enjoy:

        http://savannah.gnu.org/faq/export_html.php?group_id=11

There's some stuff to do with publickey ssh authentication. The ugly
part is that you find out ~6 hours laters if you set it up ok :-P

> BTW, Savannah rules state that the language for these lists is
> english...  (we're not merely snobs, you know)

Yeah, you frijoulerous!

--
Cristian Gutierrez                                 Linux user #298162
address@hidden           http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier

Taunt not the sysadmin, for he can become you and make your life interesting.