bsf-devel

Re: TODO

From: Cristian Gutierrez
Subject: Re: TODO
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 02:46:22 -0400

Error log for Aldrin Martoq; dumped on Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 03:28:45AM -0400:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 04:57:29PM -0400, Ma?ungo wrote:
> > I can't access CSV in the Savannah page, so here we go...
>
> First, check:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=bsf
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/bsf/
>
> Next, download:
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/bsf login
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/bsf co testsuite
>

> > INCOMPLETE TODO/WISHLIST/IDEAS/FOR DICUSSION:
> [..]
>
> I'm not sure of how much "improved" is my version. As stated somewhere
> in this list, it's more a _testsuite_ rather than a full useful lovely
> nice program.

It is. But due to common agreement, I'm going to ask GNU/people not to
review our stuff yet. I'll CC: the answer to this address.

> Instead of this TODO, I would like to throw all away and start with a
> new framework, which will allow us to change specific parts of the
> program AND to use the program as a testsuite, as a daemon,
> or as a MUA plugin. Say:

[awful lot of ideas]

Now.. that's what I call re-thinking something!

> - Database manager: handles all tokens, update/remove tokens. Keeps
> whitelists. Keeps statistics of filter performance. May suggests some
> tunnings during and after training. Examples:
>       - "It seems your guilty limit is too low(high) that we are
>       getting false negatives (positives). Would you like to set it 50%?"
>       - "Would you like to add these emails to the whitelist?"

<joke>
  And let's give it a clip-ish looking avatar, everybody likes them!
</joke>

> If you _agree_ with this:
>       - Volunteers?
>       - I could start this in about 1 week.

This is certainly going to need some face2face discussion :)

> OTOH, I'm quite dissapointed with Bayesian filters. While I worked here,
> I "visioned" a full system which will simulate a secretary on your
> desktop... Remember that? :-). Spam-filtering would be a part of that
> system.
>
> Some outlines are in the _January_ email:
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bsf-devel/2003-01/msg00000.html
> Some screenshots of remembrance-agent:
> http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~amartoq/info-agent/
>

> But I think we should finish this, and then start a new project.

Yeps. Seems quite cool, but that's a different (superset?) goal I guess.

--
Cristian Gutierrez                                 Linux user #298162
address@hidden           http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier

Customer Support is like Teaching Kindergarten. All day long, you sit
and read to people who can't do it for themselves.
-- Scott address@hidden