Re: [Chicken-users] New string manipulation module

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New string manipulation module
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:04:34 -0500

Jörg F. Wittenberger scripsit:

> I've been in this situation often enough.  My boiler-plate solution
> is to create yet another module which imports all of the prefixed
> (in this case this would be the "s-" prefixed stuff), bind them
> to the names sans prefix and export again.  Then ipon import
> rename as god intended.

I've proposed a new type of import specifier to go with "prefix", namely
"drop-prefix".  Rather than prefixing all names, this removes the prefix
from any names that have it.  This would be a Good Thing to add to Chicken;
Chibi already has it, and it is part of a proposal for R7RS-large.

--
Why are well-meaning Westerners so concerned that   John Cowan
the opening of a Colonel Sanders in Beijing means   address@hidden