Re: Classpath future?

From: Jeff Sturm
Subject: Re: Classpath future?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:53:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Etienne M. Gagnon wrote:
> But there's still the problem that patches aren't getting in the CVS
> tree because of the Copyright assignment issue (some people legitimately
> don't want to assign Copyright, others are caught up in a slow process).

Out of curiousity, what would you contribute that you wouldn't want to
assign?  There should be a clear boundary between Classpath and your
SableVM project.  Code for the former should benefit any VM project.

Besides, many contributions amend existing sources that already have
copyright assignment.

> I have many months ago sent a few patches on this list.  These were
> probably small enough not to require paperwork, but nothing happened.

Now that's a different problem.  You should receive feedback one way or
the other.  I'm not a maintainer so I can't say what's going on with any
authority.

This reminds me vaguely of the EGCS/GCC split years ago...

Jeff