Re: Classpath future?

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Classpath future?
Date: 12 Jul 2001 17:21:43 -0400

Jeff Sturm <address@hidden> writes:

> > I have many months ago sent a few patches on this list.  These were
> > probably small enough not to require paperwork, but nothing happened.
>
> Now that's a different problem.  You should receive feedback one way or
> the other.  I'm not a maintainer so I can't say what's going on with any
> authority.
>
> This reminds me vaguely of the EGCS/GCC split years ago...

If Tom or I missed your patch, then I will take the blame.  I have 3
still in my queue and I don't think yours are among them.  I do have
an easy way to search for it and will do so.  The great thing is
people can actually use Savannah to submit patches now and they can't
get lost!  Well, I guess the database could go away... but you get the
point.

Okay, looked back and you submitted a few changes declared in the
public domain (although I think FSF explicitly requires paperwork
anyway), but I've made the changes now without commiting just yet.

Please respond if this is ok... (I left out the acos.c, etc. changes
because I'm merging this with gcj and it's significantly different
although some of the libraries are in common.)

* native/jni/java_io_FileDescriptor.c: added #include "java_io_FileDescriptor.h"
* native/jni/java_io_ObjectInputStream.c: return 0 changed to return NULL
  Your change here to do this...
  +  return (*env)->CallObjectMethod( env, loader, id );
  currently in CVS is instead...
  (*env)->CallObjectMethod( env, loader, id );
  return loader
* native/jni/java_io_ObjectStreamClass.c: this file does not exist?
* native/jni/javaio.c (_javaio_read): change 0 to JNI_FALSE
* native/jni/javaio.h: add #include <stddef.h>
* native/jni/java_lang_reflect_Array.c: added #include <stddef.h>
* native/jni/java_math_BigInteger.c: modify #include statements for compilation
* native/jni/jcl.c: #include <stdio.h>
* native/lib/jcl.c: #include <stdio.h>
* native/jni/jcl.h: #include <stddef.h>
* native/lib/jcl.h: #include <stddef.h>