Re: Classpath API javadoc

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Classpath API javadoc
Date: 27 Apr 2002 13:38:45 -0600

>>>>> "John" == John Leuner <address@hidden> writes:

John> I think it's a waste of all the effort that has gone into
John> commenting code, this resource should be made available and
John> people should be encouraged to use it.

I agree.  Also it will make RMS happy -- he likes it when free
documentation is available so that people don't have to rely on the
proprietary stuff.

About a month ago I ran javadoc on the libgcj tree.  There were tons
of warnings.  Also the output isn't really that good.  For example,
the first line of a description is used on the index pages; for our
docs this line is typically not very informative, so the output is
harder to use.

I think if we ran this regularly it might help us know what needs to
be edited.  It seems to be harder to see these problems in the source
than it is in the output.

Tom