Re: Classpath API javadoc

From: John Keiser
Subject: Re: Classpath API javadoc
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:23:00 -0700

John Leuner <address@hidden> writes:
> There is an issue I have been meaning to raise lately, but never got round
to.

> As part of the Classpath effort we are producing a large amount of javadoc
documentation for the standard java class libraries. Unlike Sun, we don't
have a
> reference page that people can use for an API reference (at least not that
I know of). I think it's a waste of all the effort that has gone into
commenting code, this > resource should be made available and people should
be encouraged to use it. Not only does it bring awareness to the project,
but people can point out incorrect
> documentation (and potentially incorrect implementations) which is good
for the project.

In a lot of places our JavaDoc is actually better than Sun's, so this would
be a good thing indeed :)

--John