Re: javax.management

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: javax.management
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:07:56 +0000

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 17:59, Chris Burdess wrote:
> Ewout Prangsma wrote:
> > Are there any plans or activities to include the javax.management api
> > in classpath?
>
> This API would normally be developed under the auspices of the
> classpathx project. Nobody has got around to writing it yet, are you
> interested?

Note that javax.management  is now part of the 1.5 API:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/management/package-summary.html

so, even if it is started as a classpathx project (ala JAXP and the
security packages), we may want to merge it at a later date.  Currently,
GNU Classpath HEAD has 65.94% binary compatibility with JDK 1.5, and
javax.management and java.lang.management are two of 60 missing packages
(including the CORBA and other stuff missing at the 1.4 stage).
Hopefully, the percentage with the generics branch will be even higher.
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

"We've all been part of the biggest beta test the world has ever known --
Windows"
-- Victor Wheatman, Gartner