Re: [Denemo-devel] 0.9.4 TODO

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 0.9.4 TODO
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:01:52 +0000

On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 15:46 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Alternative endings seem to be broken. I just tried to write something
> that uses them. I looked at the lilypond and I see a
> \alternative{{
>       c'4 e' g' b'\Barline
>           d'' b' g' e' }
> %5
>
> }{
>       g'4 b' d'' f''\Barline
>           e'' d'' b' a' \EndMovementBarline
>
> } %% missing close brace
> }
>
> There does appear to be a missing }. I have an opening and closing
> repeat sign and the closing repeat is just before the second ending. Is
> this broken or am I doing something wrong.
You are using the set of repeat commands which are in a submenu Repeats
of the Measures menu. These generate the conventional LilyPond
high-level notation viz
\repeat \volta 2 {  music ..... } \alternative {{music}{music}}
if my memory serves me.
You have to understand the LilyPond to use these confidently, so I
deprecated them, and by coincidence I just marked them as Hidden in the
Arranger profile in a recent git commit.
(They were hidden in Simple Profile, but as I gather that Arranger is
going to be the default profile and beginners will be mislead by them).
For ease of use go for the repeat signs in the Directives menu. You just
place the first and second time bar markings and the end first/second
bar and the repeat bar markings where you want them. They generate
primitive LilyPond syntax that avoids having to say where the repeat
start is.
Bottom line: I guess you omitted the RepeatStart command.
Richard