Re: [Denemo-devel] few questions about usage (for translating purpose)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] few questions about usage (for translating purpose)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 16:41:37 +0100

On Fri, 2013-04-26 at 16:14 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Hi there
>

> I'm finalizing my translation (finally!).

That's great, thank you. How much effort is involved in creating a new
translation when there are just a few new strings and the code positions
may have altered a bit?
I ask because (of course :) ) since putting up the pot file I have
continued work, and a judgement needs to be made between getting the
most up-to-date possible and causing a disproportionate amount of work
for some minor feature that has been added.

> I have a question about the playback control and this string in
> particular:
>

> "Moves the playback start point (which shows as a green bar) earlier
> in time
> The red and green bars do not get drawn until you have started play,
> or at least created the time base."
>

> What is the time base here?

The time base is what I think people call the set of timings for the
notes of the piece. They are created when play is asked for.

> Also, I see that in version 0.9.2 (debian package) the red and green
> bars appeared immediately as soon as I hit play, while in git version
> nothing appears at the edges,

hmm, I just tried New entered a few notes and hit Play. The Playback
Start line appeared, but the Playback End is not shown, it appears only
if it is not at the end. This is a bug, at least it was not planned.
This is with the Playback Controls visible.
Is this what you see?
Without the playback controls visible the red and green bars are not
shown (this is a new feature someone asked for).

>  I see only a yellow mustard bar moving from note to note.

It is so much nicer looking at the typeset score while the music plays -
I wonder if we could obtain a set of positions in the typeset score so
that Denemo could highlight the current bar being played there
instead...