[Denemo-devel] Release 1.1.2 (was Re: Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work wi

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.1.2 (was Re: Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackctl)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:48:59 +0000

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 12:34 +0100, Edgar Aichinger wrote:

> I'm building released tarballs only, and don't want to switch to using
> random git revisions TBH, so currently i'm at version 1.1.0, which is
> probably older than your commit, and shouldn't involve running
> autogen.sh, i think...

So let's release 1.1.2 sooner rather than later. I think the only real
regression is thumb nailing. I think it only works for simple files that
don't have Denemo Directives that create menu items and other widgets.

code like this (from lilydirectives.c) will not work:

  if (GTK_IS_MENU_ITEM (directive->widget))
    gtk_menu_item_set_label_text ((GtkMenuItem *) directive->widget, value);
  else
    gtk_label_set_markup ((GtkLabel *) gtk_bin_get_child (GTK_BIN
(directive->widget)), value);

and this

  (directive->override & DENEMO_OVERRIDE_GRAPHIC) ? gtk_widget_show (GTK_WIDGET
(directive->widget)) : gtk_widget_hide (GTK_WIDGET (directive->widget));

from the same file. I'm not sure how much of this sort of stuff there
is, or what the general approach to getting Denemo.non_interactive
working is... but most serious Denemo scores will not generate a
thumbnail at present I think.